Recently, Epson has announced a new revolutionary line of ink printers and MFPs—Workforce Pro RIPS. According to the producer, who had spent 125 million Euros on the development, the new line printers are built on the PrecisionCore technology. It was used earlier only in industrial-class printing devices.
Archive for the ‘Epson’ Category
This year, Epson, famous for its cut-edging technologies, implemented in different types of printers, introduced several point-of-sale printers (among which is TM-T70II) and the latest solutions with the expanded capabilities.
The OmniLink Smart Solutions provide a wide range of functions from in-demand web-based printing and cloud printing and services to peripheral connectivity (via USB ports) to special PC POS systems. New applications and variants of configuration are compliant to existing technology. These solutions help to raise the retailer business on a new level.
Epson TM-T70II belongs to a thermal receipt printer class. Essential features, which put this model above the nearest competitors, are its space-saving size and height, high print speed and convenient operating from its front. Due to the TM-T70II low-profile design, one can put it anywhere in a small space of a counter or mount the printer under it. No additional space is needed, because paper is loaded and dispensed from printer’s front, where all the controls are as well. The owners will also appreciate paper saving options, variety of paper dimensions, multiple connectivity and two-year limited warranty.
It is not a secret that the cost of the ownership of some printer models is much higher than the cost of the printer itself. Epson made an effort to solve this problem in an unusual way. An MFP L550 is rather expensive, but the output in exchange is almost free. Epson has designed a new line of printers and MFPs with the original continuous ink system. This allows to print big volumes of documents, using chip genuine ink of the guaranteed high quality.
The flagship L550 is built on the base of the 4-color printer and is perfect for the work with the color documents. One can still print satisfactory quality photos, while the speed of their printing is much higher then that in the base model of L200. Each ink bottle is about 70,0 ml and there are 2 additional extra black ink bottles in the box. One set of bottles will print up to 4,000 pages in B/W (it’s about 12,000 in total, which the owner gets with the purchase) and 6,500 pages in color.
The device possesses all the necessary features of a sound printing device. Though its design is laconic, it has broad functionality. The MFP supports Epson iPrint, so that scanning and printing from a mobile device under iOS and Android are available.
This model will particularly satisfy the needs of printing big volumes of color documents on pretty high speed.
Epson L550 Specifications:
- Print technology: Inkjet (Piezo electric);
- Number of print supplies: 4 x 70ml individual ink bottles (Bk,C,Y,M) plus 2 extra black ink bottles;
- Printing resolution: up to 5.760 x 1.440 dpi;
- Printing speed: 33 Pages/min Monochrome, 15 Pages/min Color;
- All-in-One Functions: Scan, Copy, Fax;
- Scanning Resolution: 1,200 dpi x 2,400 dpi;
- Input tray: 100 sheets;
- Output tray: 100 sheets;
- Duplex printing: manual;
- Connection options: USB 2.0, Ethernet 10/100Base-T;
- Supported OS: Mac OS 10.5.8 or later, Mac OS 10.6+, Windows 7, Windows 7 x64, Windows 8 (32/64 bit), Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows XP, Windows XP x64;
- Dimensions: 18.96 x 15.08 x 9.04 mm;
- Weight: 13.6 lb
Epson has announced the release of the TM-C3400BK inkjet printer. This compact desktop monochrome device is designed for printing stickers, tags and labels. On the manufacturer’s note, the device is widely suitable for marking in the fields where the durability of printed materials is a key factor. Epson TM-C3400BK prints durable stickers on a variety of media widths from 30 to 112 mm, including plain paper, uncoated and matte coated paper. Epson TM-C3400BK was created to expand the product range, which already includes the Epson TM-S3400 model.
The printer uses Epson’s proprietary pigment inks DURABrite Ultra. Images created with these inks are not affected by smearing, fading and are waterproof. They remain intact even when used outdoors and in poor storage conditions and retain the color even when subjected to direct sunlight. All this makes the Epson TM-C3400BK suited for tasks such as labeling materials in science laboratories and logistics warehouses.
Unlike thermal transfer printers, the Epson TM-C3400BK inkjet does not use ribbons for the mirror image transfer. This reduces the possibility of unauthorized information leakage printed on the device. This is highly important for areas sensitive to privacy security violation, e.g. medicine and public services.
Given the printing speed of 92 mm/sec and a built-in paper tape cutter, printing 100 labels will take about 3 minutes. Incorrect printing and gaps in the images are not possible with automatic printhead testing (AID), which detects clogged nozzles and cleans them before printing.
Designed for simple installation, use and support, Epson TM-C3400BK is serviced from the front, equipped with one high-capacity cartridge to avoid frequent replacement. The printer comes with a special Windows driver software package. The package allows for easy integration into automated printer labeling system in the company and the direct management of the application.
It’s been or almost a year that Epson offers the PrintJinni application for iOS devices, which allows users of these smartphones to print photographs and other information via their handheld assistants. Finally, the company offered a similar application that allows direct printing from mobile devices to owners of Android smartphones and tablets. It’s called Epson iPrint.
Having installed the Epson iPrint, users can perform printing to any Epson printer or multifunction supporting a wireless connection. In addition to regular printing documents and photos from smartphone, the application also allows printing with cloud services such as Box.net, Dropbox and Evernote. Users can also print Web pages and change the print settings from the application.
Advanced settings include the ability to select and enqueue multiple photos at once. Supported is the borderless photo printing from the phone. Users can also select different type of image resolution and optimize printing quality. The application is now available for download in the Android Market.
Epson AcuLaser C1600 is a new affordable and economical the printer with fast printing speed.
Epson is planning to strengthen its position in the market of laser technology by introducing a new compact A4 color printer, the Epson AcuLaser C1600. Fast and reliable, Epson AcuLaser C1600 provides high print quality and usability. Thanks to an affordable price, cost and compact size, this model is ideal for home office and small organizations.
Epson AcuLaser C1600 is a reliable office assistant, featuring a fast first page out (13 seconds in black and white), high speed printing (up to 19 ppm in monochrome and 5 ppm in color) and an increased monthly volume printing (up to 35,000 pages). Excellent print quality is achieved due to the high resolution of 1200 x 600 dpi and an innovative Epson AcuBrite toner. The efficiency is backed-up by high-capacity ink cartridges and low power consumption.
Built-in high speed USB 2.0 and Epson Remote Panel software provide convenient connection, setup, and printer management. Thanks to the front access to inputting paper and replacing toner cartridges, as well as the multi-purpose tray 200-sheet for variety of media, Epson AcuLaser C1600 is very easy to operate and maintain.
The main characteristics of the printer Epson AcuLaser C1600
Fast and reliable color laser printer
- High-speed printing: up to 19 ppm in black and white and 5 ppm in color
- Fast first page out: 13 seconds in black and white
- High reliability
- The monthly print volume – up to 35 000 pages
High-quality color and black and white printing
- Professional color printing with resolution of 1200×600 dpi
- Rich colors through the use of innovative Epson AcuBrite toner
Compact and convenient control
- Compact solution for the desktop
- Wide choice of carriers through the universal 200-sheet tray, equipped with a dust cover
- Easy setup and control through the connector High Speed USB 2.0 & Software Epson Remote Panel
Availability and low operating costs
- Low cost printing with toner cartridge high capacity
- Cost-effective solution, meeting the requirements of ENERGY STAR® for low power consumption
The Epson Company unveils new wide 17-inch printer Epson Stylus Pro 4900 setting new standards for color accuracy on the market of photo printing and proofing. This compact printer delivers the best print quality professional photographs and art images, provides excellent color uniformity and color accuracy, and can reproduce 98% of the entire range of colors PANTONE ®. High level of automation printing and reliable mechanism make the Epson Stylus Pro 4900 productive workhorse for offices creative agencies and photographic studios.
With the ability to play the maximum gamut Epson Stylus Pro 4900 allows you to create truly high quality photography and artistic images. Printed colors are identical to the original image even when printing on media of different types. Additional SpectroProofer spectrophotometer provides accurate color on various materials and automatically measures the color table to create profiles of ICC.
Each print represents a sample of perfect color. This is provided by top-notch color matching capabilities, as well as 11 Epson UltraChrome HDR color inks and accurate positioning of ink droplets through the Advanced-TFP printhead. Ink and technologies used in Epson Stylus Pro 4900are in full compliance with the technologies used in professional wide-format Epson Stylus Pro printers for commercial printing.
In autumn 2010, the exhibition Photokina, the printer Epson Stylus Pro 4900 won the Photokina STAR, which confirms its print quality is recognized by the expert community of professional photography.
The Epson Stylus Pro 4900 allows you to significantly improve performance: printing speed of 46 m2 per hour with minimum maintenance. Paper tray high capacity makes it easy to load paper, and an automatic change of the carrier can not waste time when you switch between sheet and roll fed paper. The printer also automatically switches between black inks for matte and glossy paper. In this case, both types of black ink are installed in the printer at the same time to avoid stopping in print circulation. All ink cartridges are supplied in a high capacity to reduce the number of substitutions and overhead costs.
The Epson Stylus Pro 4900 is ENERGY STAR compliant; its energy-saving features can cut costs, reduce environmental impact and energy consumption.
- 11-color UltraChrome HDR ink set
- 98% coverage of PANTONE colors
- Robust Advanced-TFP printhead
- Print speed 46 m2 per hour
- Front paper tray high capacity
- Cartridge 200 ml
- Additional SpectroProofer spectrophotometer
- Automatic switching between sheet and roll paper
- Automatic switching between photo and matte black ink, both black cartridges are installed simultaneously
- ENERGY STAR Compliance
- Selecting the paper path — the front tray, manual feed cardboard top and front, or roll
- Print on thicknesses up to 1.5 mm
Epson is releasing to market two new wide-format printers that are the ideal ratio of accurate color reproduction and high performance. 24-inch Epson Stylus Pro 7890 and 44-inch Epson Stylus Pro 9890 perform the most difficult tasks of professional photographers and artists, allowing you to prints closest to the original, with minimal downtime.
The new models use Epson UltraChrome K3 Vivid Magenta eight-color inks. Both printers are equipped with TFP the printhead, which greatly improves the quality of ink dots, and allows you to print vivid, sharp images. The Epson Stylus Pro 7890 and 9890 reproduce the widest color range and allow for the maximum smooth tonal gradients.
With three neutral shades of ink — including a standard photo black or matte black, light black and light light black — users can get a black-and-white images of the striking contrast with a rich range of tones, improved gray balance and without unwanted color backlight.
A unique combination of black and gray inks also ensures that the prints do not acquire the bronze shade, their surface is uniform, and the difference in print density between light and dark areas is imperceptible. In addition, the Epson UltraChrome Vivid Magenta inks minimize the effect of metamerism: this means that printed pictures will look the same in any light.
Additional SpectroProofer spectrophotometer provides accurate colors on various materials and automatically measures the color table to create ICC profiles.
The main characteristics of the printer:
- Playing a wide color range, smooth gradations of colors
- UltraChrome K3 Vivid Magenta eight-color inks
- Additional SpectroProofer provides stable and accurate color reproduction
- TFP printhead
- Print speed of up to 40 square meters per hour
- The automatic control of the nozzles state
- Each model is equipped with two types of black ink — the standard and matte — and can switch between them automatically
- Built-in disk knife and improved media load system
- 2.5-inch color LCD screen
- Compliant with Energy ENERGY STAR
Epson Stylus SX525WD multifunction with Wi-Fi and automatic two-sided printing is ideal for working with documents and photos at home.
Epson presents a stylish multi-functional device for the home equipped with a Wi-Fi module. Epson Stylus SX525WD multifunction is designed for demanding users who want not only quality, but also fast printing and ease of connectivity and work. High speed and the combination of printing, scanning and copying as well as the automatic two-sided printing will save you much time. A user-friendly design, front-loading paper tray, and Wi-Fi connectivity will provide easy installation and comfortable operation.
The LCD screen and a card reader lets you view and print photos directly from memory cards. Moreover, the connection to the computer is not required for copying documents.
Thanks to supplied Epson Easy Photo Print software, any user can easily adjust the contrast and the color of prints, and quickly and easily make red-eye correction – without opening a complicated image-editing program. A specialized program, ABBYY FineReader™, guarantees fast and quality recognition and editing of scanned documents.
One of the main advantages of Epson Stylus SX525WD is the ability to print pictures both vivid photos on glossy and matte paper, and documents on plain paper that are no worth in quality than laser prints. The prints are resistant to water, light and highlighter, all because of the Epson DURABrite Ultra pigment ink .
Thanks to individual ink cartridges Epson Stylus SX525WD can not only cope with any volume of printing, but also provide significant savings to household budget since only empty cartridges needs to be replaced. High-capacity cartridges and the cartridges offer cost-effective package to help save on printing. The printer also supports the new Epson cartridges system, and the accordance to the ENERGY STAR ® makes it energy efficient.
The main characteristics of the Epson Stylus SX525WD:
- High-speed printing, scanning and copying
- Speed of document printing – up to 36 ppm
- Wi-Fi wireless connectivity
- Ethernet network connectivity
- Save paper and budget thanks to the automatic two-sided printing
- Separate cartridges of different sizes – for all printing tasks
- View and print photos using the LCD screen and card reader – without connecting to a computer
- A convenient tray with front-loading paper
- High quality printing of documents and photographs, fingerprints resistance to water, light and release the marker due to pigment ink DURABrite ™ Ultra
- Compact and stylish design
- Supplied Epson Easy Photo Print software allows quick red eyes removal and color and contrast correction
The Epson Company rolls out the Epson Stylus Photo PX720WD, a stylish and compact multifunction device with quality printing, superior laboratory, as well as WiFi and Ethernet interfaces to work together on a network. Along with copying and scanning capabilities, the new model is capable of automatic duplex printing, which not only provides convenience but also a significant savings in the budget.
Work with the device is greatly simplified with the built-in card reader, 2.5-inch LCD display, and an ergonomic control panel so that you can view, edit and print photos directly from memory cards, USB-media and PictBridge-enabled digital camera. A compact, stylish design enables Epson Stylus Photo PX720WD not only fit into any interior, but also decorate it.
In addition, Epson Stylus Photo PX720WD has the function of print on CD and DVD-ROM, so users can easily arrange a collection drive at your leisure.
Epson Claria ink is perfect for printing high-resolution images obtained and compact amateur and professional SLR cameras. In addition, these inks guarantee the stability of photos to the water, light and mechanical stress. Family pictures will be stored in an album of more than 200 years!
Epson offers customers several solutions in order to save printing costs. Separate cartridges allow you to change only one color of ink, which has ended. You can also purchase ink cartridges of different sizes, based on the individual volumes and frequency of printing. A special cost-effective package of photo paper and ink cartridges can save more up to 50% of the costs.
The main features of the MFP Epson Stylus Photo PX720WD:
- Printing of quality pictures, superior laboratory, through the use of dye-based inks Epson Claria ™
- Easy operation thanks to the 2.5-inch display and a convenient control panel
- Concise and stylish design suitable for any modern interior
- Built-in network interfaces: WiFi for printing and scanning wirelessly and Ethernet to work together with the device
- The automatic two-sided printing
- Automatic selection of trays for loading photo paper or regular office paper
- High-speed printing photos 4 x 6 cm — 10 seconds per photo
- Printing on the surface of CD and DVD
- View and print photos directly from memory cards, USB-media and digital cameras that support PictBridge™ technology
- Longevity of prints: up to 98 years when stored in the frame and more than 200 years in album
- Quick Edit scanned text using special software
- Separate ink cartridges for economical printing — only change one empty cartridge
- Energy saving according to the requirements of ENERGY STAR®