Hewlett-Packard has released a laser printer that doubles as a wireless point for Internet access. The printer is designed specifically for small businesses having 1 to 10 employees.
The key feature of the Hewlett-Packard Hotspot LaserJet Pro M1218nfs is to provide Internet access via Wi-Fi. The maximum number of devices to connect is eight. The device offers several options for wireless printing, including Apple AirPrint service (printing from iPad / iPhone / iPod touch), HP ePrint (printing from a smartphone, tablet or laptop) and HP Wireless Direct.
The rest of the M1218nfs specs is a classic MFP: printing, scanning and copying of documents in A4 format. The HP Smart Install software package allows for easier installation; you can configure the printer without the need to install additional software.
LaserJet Pro M1218nfs Specifications:
- Print technology: Laser;
- Number of print cartridges: 1 (black);
- Quality of black-and-white printing: up to 600 x 600 dpi;
- Processor speed: 400 MHz;
- Standard Memory: 64 MB;
- Maximum memory: 64 MB;
- Load (A4, month): 8,000 pages;
- Display: 2-line LCD;
- Memory card support: No;
- Input tray: 150 sheets, 35 sheets automatic feed;
- Output Tray: 100 sheets;
- Duplex printing: manual mode;
- Print Media: paper (plain, laser), envelopes, transparencies, labels, cardstock, postcards;
- Connection options: ports USB 2.0, Ethernet 10/100Base-T, RJ-11, support for Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n;
- Supported OS: Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP/Server2008/Server2003; Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7; Linux;
- Dimensions: 17.1 x 10.4 x 12 in;
- Weight: 18.3 lb