HP makes great printers, but we also know that the monthly cost of name-brand ink and toner can get expensive – and fast. Remanufactured ink and toner seem like great alternatives, but do these options work? And, will they work for your HP printer?
The short answer is yes, but using remanufactured ink and toner isn’t as straightforward as it would seem with HP printers. But, don’t worry! A lot of HP printer users are switching to remanufactured ink and toner, and we’ll show you how they’re doing it.
How to Use Remanufactured Ink and Toner with Your HP Printer
Regardless of which HP printer you have, you’ll want to disable the standard HP Cartridge Protection Setting in your printer. This lets you remove the HP cartridge that would otherwise be stuck inside the printer for good. Fortunately, this feature can be turned off in just a couple of steps.
Here are the steps for an HP printer with internet:
- Open a web browser and type in your HP printer’s IP address on the web address. If you don’t know the IP address, click on Settings and make your way to the Network Setup options.
- Wait for the Embedded Web Server to open. Once it’s open, click on Settings.
- Scroll down to HP Cartridge Protection on the left side, and click on it.
- Click disable, then click save.
Here are the steps for an HP printer without internet:
- Turn on your printer, and go to the Printer Settings.
- Locate the option that says HP cartridge protection.
- Select the disable option.
- Click apply and save.
With HP Cartridge Protection turned off, you’ll be able to slip in remanufactured ink and toner cartridges with ease. Hope this helped you out!
Shop With Toner Cartridge Depot
Thousands of HP printers love us, and you’ll love us too. Toner Cartridge Depot is the one-stop- shop for all your discount remanufactured ink and toner cartridges needs. We only source high-quality remanufactured protects that don’t sacrifice quality for the price. Shop with Toner Cartridge Depot!