Remanufactured ink cartridges are more common-place than they’ve ever been. You can walk into any Target or Walmart to find them, or you can order them online at a store like Toner Cartridge Depot (that’s us).
One common misconception about remanufactured ink cartridges is that they aren’t on equal footing with OEMs; people think only ink is refilled into an empty cartridge and that’s it.
The truth is that there are several steps taken to ensure remanufactured ink cartridges are top-quality and able to rival OEMs. Toner Cartridge Depot covers the 11 steps to create remanufactured ink cartridges below!
11 Steps to Create a Remanufactured Ink Cartridge
This section outlines the process of making remanufactured ink and toner cartridges. These are the basic steps that companies will take to ensure remanufactured ink cartridges are ready to be sold without a hiccup:
- Empty OEM cartridges are collected from printer users or from local recycling.
- Companies will sort the OEMs based on type, model, brand, and unique cartridge number (to ensure compatibility with certain printers).
- Once sorted, OEMs are stored in a controlled environment that is dark and dry.
- Cartridges are manually checked by technicians for damage.
- Specialty tools are used to check to performance of each cartridge.
- Old, dried ink is removed from the OEMs.
- OEMs are cleaned using a mixture of demineralized water and other products.
- OEMs are dried in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Ink is injected into the cartridge with the help of a refilling machine, with the right ink meant for the right machine.
- If there’s an electronic chip in the original OEM, this will need to be replaced with a new one. This way, a printer will recognize that a cartridge is remanufactured.
- Tests (e.g. quality-control, page-yield, etc.) are conducted to ensure each remanufactured is in good condition. And, that’s a wrap!
Shop With Toner Cartridge Depot
Looking for discount remanufactured ink and toner cartridges without sacrificing quality? If so, Toner Cartrdige Depot is your go-to place. Our shop only stocks trusted remanufactured ink and toner cartridges on par with OEMs. Did we mention the free shipping on every order?