Last month, new Toshiba multifunction printers have hit the market. Both Toshiba TEC Corp. and local distributor Tricom Dynamics Inc claim them to be the “most-revolutionized” gadgets in product history. Among 10 models of the e-Studio series 5 belong to the two-color MFP series and the other 5—to the monochrome series. All the printers possess a new sophisticated black matte design unlike the previous models designed in ivory.
As to the specifications, the machines feature newly engineered software as well as the advanced hardware together with:
- a 9-inch tablet-like user interface;
- Intel’s new processor;
- dual scan document feeder;
- embedded OCR (optical character recognition) for conversing documents to different types of files;
- embedded application platform helping easily use third-party or embedded applications and connect to the cloud;
- a reliable and more durable engine reducing the total cost of ownership and maximizing operations;
- customized cards providing advanced security during user authentication.
The new Toshiba multifunction printers are geared towards logistics, education, banking, legal and healthcare industries and provide special templates or setups for them. According to the company, they are aiming to capture a bigger market share with the new gadgets.