Canon U.S.A. announced an initiative that will combine the Company’s latest environmentally-conscious PIXMA, SELPHY and imageCLASS printer products and solutions under one corporate brand name: Generation Green. In addition, Canon offers a variety of solutions in its PIXMA, SELPHY and imageCLASS printer products that are integrated into this initiative such as paper saving technology, minimized product packaging, energy saving measures and the industry’s longest-running toner recycling program.
As part of its Generation Green campaign, Canon has also announced the availability of NatureStone™ product packaging in select ink packs. NatureStone uses biodegradable limestone packaging, which reduces the need for paper and other raw materials, resulting in a 45 percent reduction in natural energy, 65 percent reduction in petroleum-based plastics and 50 percent reduction in emissions.
Generation Green is divided into three product classification categories: Eco-Conscious, Eco-Standards and Eco-Friendly. Among the benefits of these categories:
- Compact product design and resized boxes improves shipping
- NatureStone™ uses biodegradable stone packaging, reducing the need for paper or other raw materials
- Packaging material for toner cartridges uses air cushioning to help reduce product sizes, improve shipping efficiency
- All newest generation Canon PIXMA printers are ENERGY STAR® qualified
- All newest generation Canon PIXMA, SELPHY and imageCLASS printers eliminate the use of specific hazardous materials
- First in the printing industry to create a toner cartridge recycling program Recycled Canon toner cartridges are 100 percent recovered with zero landfill waste
- Power supply casings for current PIXMA printers are made from recycled plastics
- All newest generation Canon PIXMA and imageCLASS printers’ user manuals are printed on 70 percent recycled paper
(From Canon’s Press Release)