The novelty has already been tested in Europe. For example, in Germany. The Lutzenberger construction firm, employed in large-scale civil engineering, installed Scan Stations and as a result simplified the process of digitizing all its paperwork including invoices, quality control documentation, proof of delivery information and so on.
In the UK, the Football Pools began to use Scan Stations at 25 sites around the county and digitized the paper betting coupons received every week to transmit them to the head office in Liverpool within 24 hours for further processing. Kodak Alaris upgraded machines have helped Football Pool to reduce its weekly bet processing turnaround time, simplify an intensive and time consuming operation for staff, with the investment paying for itself within six months.
Kodak Alaris has launched two new models in the Scan Station 700 Series. The KODAK Scan Station 710 for general office use, and the KODAK Scan Station 730EX for systems integrators (SIs) and independent software vendors (ISVs) to meet the specific industry demands.
Both models are available at the end of March and their price is 2,295.00 euro and 2,495.00 euro correspondingly.
The machines feature:
- Updated motherboard and CPU;
- 40% increased scanner speeds with up to 70 ppm;
- A recommended daily volume of 6,000 pages;
- A4, duplex, black/white and color scanning;
- 8.1 Microsoft Windows Operating System;
- Extremely quiet;
- With no need of a PC connection;
- Color 9.7 inch intuitive touch screen;
- multiple sending capabilities—network folders, printers, FTP sites, email and Microsoft Sharepoint;
- Wizard-based set up tool;
- OCR capability;
- Secure login with LDAP, password protected PDF output and PDF Private Key Encryption.